National Dropshippers Review 2018
Table of Contents
- National Dropshippers Overview
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of National Dropshippers?
- How much is National Dropshippers? What drop shipping services does it provide?
- What products can I sell with National Dropshippers?
- How do I sell products with National Dropshippers?
- How do I contact National Dropshippers?
National Dropshippers Overview
National Dropshippers is an American drop shipping company that launched in 2005. The service lets you purchase USA-made goods and deliver directly to customers. Providing a no-frills approach to the business, National Dropshippers puts the focus on delivering the lowest possible price to retailers.
Want to know how National Dropshippers fares against the competition? Read our review to find out more.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of National Dropshippers?
- Free 7 Day Trial: You can test National Dropshippers for one week before the first billing.
- Affordable Plans: National Dropshippers’ longer-duration subscriptions offer huge savings. You can also pay a one-time fee for a lifetime membership and say goodbye to any recurring fees.
- No Automated Tools: Without product import and order fulfillment tools, National Dropshippers forces you to manually perform these tasks.
- Catalog is Difficult to Navigate: No sorting options or filters, empty sections, confusing department names – navigating the National Dropshippers catalog is a time-consuming and frustrating ordeal.
- No International Shipping: National Dropshippers lets you cater to USA-based customers only.
- Weak Customer Support: You’ll have a hard time reaching National Dropshippers for any concerns.
- Difficulty in Returns: A combination of a strict returns policy, lack of supplier information, and slow customer support make handling returns a nightmare.
How much is National Dropshippers? What drop shipping services does it provide?
National Dropshippers is free for the first 7 days. Your credit card or PayPal account will be charged once the trial is over.
There are several subscription plans you can choose from – monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and yearly. The longer the plan you subscribe to, the bigger your savings will be. Below is a breakdown of the plans and their pricing:
- Monthly: $19.99 per month
- Quarterly: $44.97 per 3 months
- Semi-Annually: $59.94 per 6 months
- Yearly: $89.88 per year
For the best value, you can pay a one-time fee of $199.00 and get a lifetime subscription to National Dropshippers.
You can also have National Dropshippers build and host your own eCommerce store on top of your subscription. The service costs $299.00 upfront then $19.99 per month.
Becoming a National Dropshippers member lets you purchase products from their catalog at wholesale prices. All of their products can be drop shipped directly to your customers.
You also get access to the Order Manager section where you can oversee the status of all your transactions.
What products can I sell with National Dropshippers?
National Dropshippers has a catalog of over 100,000 products. Divided into different categories, the catalog includes apparel, cookware, cellphones, pet supplies, and a few others. Products are displayed in no apparent order and without any sorting options or filters available – making it a real chore to browse through.
Another option is to go to the department section and select a warehouse. However, we don’t recommend this method either. Warehouses are named after, confusingly enough, semi-precious stones. They don’t provide any indication of what kinds of products can be found. It’s really an odd choice on their part.
Also, a lot of the links lead to empty sections. It happens often and can get very frustrating.
With that in mind, the most practical way to find products is by using the search bar. Just type in a keyword and get a list of relevant results. We recommend bookmarking your best-selling products for convenience.
Once you find a product, download the images and copy the descriptions. You’ll have to manually upload them to your store since National Dropshippers doesn’t have an import tool to automate this.
National Dropshippers provides little to no information on their suppliers or how they’re selected, which means you have no assurance of how credible they are.
How do I sell products with National Dropshippers?
Order Placement and Fulfillment
When a customer places an order on your store, you have to find the product on the National Dropshippers catalog and add it to your shopping cart. Input the customer’s shipping address and they will fulfill the order for you.
National Dropshippers doesn’t have tools that quickly do this. You’ll have to do it all manually – which becomes problematic when you have multiple orders to process.
Delivery and Tracking
National Dropshippers ships to customers to continental USA, Alaska, and Hawaii. International shipping isn’t available.
National Dropshippers automatically uploads tracking codes to your account. You can view the status of your shipments directly from the website, thanks to an embedded UPS online tracking tool.
Returns and Refunds
National Dropshippers has a strict policy on returns and refunds. In general, all sales made on their website are considered final.
Refunds are given only when a product runs out of stock. Returns are only accepted when a product is damaged, defective, or lost in shipping – in which case National Dropshippers will send a replacement.
Customer returns that don’t meet these conditions are not accepted.
How do I contact National Dropshippers?
The best way to reach National Dropshippers is by telephone. Details are provided on their website.
Another option is by sending them an email. We sent them a message to test out response times. As of this writing however, it’s been more than a week and they still haven’t responded to our queries.
The National Dropshippers website lacks a lot of the instructional resources you’d expect from most drop shipping companies. A FAQ section and help desk are nowhere to be found.
The good thing is that due to the simplicity of their service, you don’t really need a guide to become familiar with it.
National Dropshippers may be affordable, but you won’t be getting much in return. A lack of automated features, market research tools, customer support, international shipping, and available products make it one of the least attractive drop shipping companies on the market.
If you’re looking for a drop shipping company, we recommend some of the alternatives we’ve reviewed.
The bottom line: The only reason you’d want to sign up with National Dropshippers is if they have a specific product you want that isn’t available anywhere else.