Megagoods Review 2018
Table of Contents
- Megagoods Overview
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Megagoods?
- How much is Megagoods? What drop shipping services does it provide?
- What products can I sell with Megagoods?
- How do I sell products with Megagoods?
- How do I contact Megagoods?
- Is there anything else I should know about Megagoods?
Founded in 2004, this Los Angeles-based company provides wholesale electronic goods todrop shippers. Their company slogan reads: “Efficiency. Quality. Reliability.”
In this review, you’ll find out if Megagoods delivers on those promises and if it’s the best drop shipping company to do business with.
- Free 30 Day Trial: You have ample time to try out Megagoods without being charged.
- Inexpensive Subscription: After your first 30 days, your credit card will be charged a minimal fee of $14.99 – lower than most drop shipping companies.
- Added Fees: Megagoods’ $1.50 per-order fee and sales tax cut from your profits. Make sure to price accordingly.
- Limited Product Catalog: Megagoods’ limited product line mostly consists of electronics.
- Small Featureset: Helpful features like shopping cart integration, inventory alerts, market metrics, and more are nowhere to be found.
- Poor Customer Support: When the only options are telephone and snail mail, urgent problems will have to wait a while before getting resolved.
Megagoods is free to try for your first 30 days. You’ll have to provide your credit card information upfront, and billing will start after the trial is over.
You will be charged $14.99 per month until you close your account.
On top of your subscription, Megagoods will also charge you $1.50 for every order you place. Note that this isn’t per product/item. The fee applies every time you checkout from their store.
For products shipped to California, an additional 10% sales tax will be imposed. You can get rid of this fee if you can provide Megagoods a copy of your California Seller’s Permit.
For returned items, Megagoods will charge you a standard 20% restocking fee.
Apart from access to their entire product line, Megagoods also provides the following drop shipping services:
- Product Exports: Product data files can be downloaded and easily exported to popular marketplaces like eBay and Amazon. You can also make a customized file that will work with other platforms. Product images come in ZIP files that you’ll have to upload manually.
- Private Label Shipping: You can ask Megagoods to ship orders with your own custom labels complete with your business name and address. It’s a nice feature that helps you build your brand and presence.
- Shipment Tracking: Once a product has been shipped from the Megagoods warehouse, you’ll automatically see its tracking code in your account. Use the courier’s tracking feature to check the status of your orders and inform your customer.
Megagoods primarily sells wholesale electronic goods. There are a few outliers like cookware and dinnerware. The range is very small, so you might have difficulty finding suitable products for your business.
To browse the Megagoods product directory, you simply choose a category you like and click through the pages. There are no sorting options or filters to narrow down your searches. There is, however, a section for new arrivals and their top 25 best-selling items.
Megagoods provides little information on their product suppliers. Although they carry some reputable brands (Boss, Revlon, Disney), most of the products are from obscure names and may possibly be gray market goods.
Order Placement and Fulfillment
To order from Megagoods, you have to navigate their products page and add items to your shopping cart. Fill out the necessary details and checkout. Megagoods will process and fulfill your order without needing anything else from you.
Delivery and Tracking
For orders within the US, Megagoods can ship via FedEx (to mailing addresses) and USPS (for PO boxes).
International shipping is also available.You’ll need to load up your account with Megagoods credit via money order, cashier’s check, or direct bank wire transfer. Once that’s verified, you can place orders and choose your courier.
Tracking your shipments is easy: Megagoods automatically uploads the codes to your account.
Returns and Refunds
All returns must be made within 30 days after delivery. They should also be in its original condition, complete with packaging materials, warranties, and accessories.
Some returns will be subject to a 20% restocking fee. Visit the Megagoods’ FAQ section for more specific information.
Contacting Megagoods customer representatives can be a slow process due to a lack of live chat and ticketing systems. And strangely, they don’t provide an email address on their website.
Options provided are snail mail, which is impractical; and telephone, which is open between 9AM and 5PM PST.
The Megagoods Help Desk only serves existing subscribers. If you aren’t a member, you’ll have to rely on their FAQ page. Sadly, this page isn’t comprehensive.
Megagoods also does a poor job of providing drop shipping training and other educational material for newbies. But the simplicity of their service makes the process straightforward. You’ll easily get used to their site and all its functions.
Various online reports indicate that Megagoods ignores a large portion of customer complaints. This is simply unacceptable, as you’re paying for their service and your business may be dependent on their performance.
With a very limited product line and lack of drop shipping tools, the only good things about Megagoods are its inexpensive subscription fee and a 30 day free trial. But those, too, are outweighed by extra fees that cut from your potential profits.
If you’re looking for a drop shipping company, you’re better off with a different service.
The bottom line: Megagoods may be cheap, but you won’t be getting much in return. Other services, even free ones, do a much better job.