Dropified Review 2018
Table of Contents
- Dropified Overview
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Dropified?
- How much is Dropified? And what drop shipping services does it provide?
- What products can I sell with Dropified?
- How do I sell products with Dropified?
- How do I contact Dropified?
- Is there anything else I should know about Dropified?
Dropified, formerly known as Shopified, is a drop shipping company that launched in 2015. Their service promises to streamline product sourcing and order fulfillment for your eCommerce business.
With more than 26,000 active users, Dropified is doing a lot of things right. In this review, see if Dropified is the right drop shipping service for you.
- Free 14 Day Trial: Sign up and get your first 14 days free. Billing will start at the end of the trial.
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee: You have plenty of time to try out Dropified without committing your money.
- Packed with Powerful Features: Dropified’s tools streamline most aspects of your eCommerce business – from the supply side to the sales side. You can automate product uploads, order fulfillment, shipment tracking, and much more.
- Multi-platform Compatibility: Dropified works with many online marketplaces for finding products. For storefronts, the service is compatible with Shopify, WooCommerce, and CommerceHQ.
- Responsive Live Chat: Customer representatives are easy to contact and well-equipped to answer your questions.
- Lack of FAQ: A lack of a FAQ section is odd, but training videos are available. However, they’re not as convenient to go through.
- Limited Automation: Most automated tools only work with AliExpress. Manual processing is needed for other marketplaces.
You can use Dropified free for the first 14 days. You have to provide your credit card information upfront, and billing will start after the trial.
You can choose between two plans: Dropified Builder, priced at $47 per month, or Dropified Premier at $97 per month. Both provide plenty of features to manage your eCommerce store. If you’re unhappy with the service, Dropified also promises a money-back guarantee for the first 30 days.
Here is a table to compare the two plans:
The Builder plan should suffice for mid-tier businesses with a few employees. Dropified’s Premier plan, on the other hand, is ideal for larger enterprises.
Dropified has one of the most complete feature sets of all the drop shipping companies we’ve reviewed. You get access to powerful, time-saving eCommerce tools – and some can’t be found elsewhere. These include:
- Store Manager: Upload products and process orders. You can manage multiple stores on your Dropified dashboard.
- Automated Product Imports: Publish products to your store with one click. This also connects products to Dropified for automated order fulfillment.
- Automated Order Fulfillment: Quickly place orders on AliExpress. The tool will fill out forms with correct shipping details, and even solve captchas.
- Custom Boards: Browse different products and create wishlists for your business so you can choose the best ones before uploading to your store.
- Sync Existing Products: Import your existing stores’ products into the Dropified app.
- Bulk Product Management: Edit product details like price, category, and weight for multiple items at once.
- Image Editor: Crop and resize images instantly with Dropified’s in-app photo editing tool.
- Pricing Rules and Updates: Set pricing rules to achieve your desired margins. Get alerted when a product changes price. Dropified will automatically adjust your prices.
- Product Bundling: Manage multiple items from different suppliers in one easy place.
- Built-in Shipment Tracking: Track your deliveries from the Dropified app and instantly know where your orders are. You can set it to automatically notify your customers, too.
- Inventory Alerts: Dropified automatically adjusts your inventory levels so you don’t sell something your supplier ran out of.
- Vendor Switching: Easily change suppliers when one runs out of stock or you find better prices.
- Order Audit Tool: Monitor your order logs and check for errors like duplicate orders or wrong delivery addresses.
- Sub Users: Depending on your plan, you can add as many as 25 users to help manage your store with full or partial access.
- Squid Circle Membership: Get free membership to Squid Circle (a printing service company) with Dropified’s Premier plan.
- Dropified Chrome Extension: Easily import products from popular marketplaces and fulfill customer orders straight from this handy browser plugin.
Unlike some other drop shipping companies, Dropified doesn’t have a product catalog of their own. You’ll have to find products by searching online marketplaces.
The good news is that it takes one click to import products to your eCommerce store via the Dropified Chrome extension.
You can import products from over 50 different sources – including AliExpress, Alibaba, eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Walmart, and so on.
Products that you import will automatically be pushed to your stores – complete with product names, details, descriptions, and images. Supported platforms include Shopify, WooCommerce, and CommerceHQ.
If you have an existing store on the platforms mentioned, you can also migrate those products into the Dropified app so you can manage them all in one place. Once successfully migrated, you might have to add them to your list of connect products to Dropified to use the automated tools.
Order Placement and Fulfillment
Orders from all your stores are automatically uploaded to the Dropified app where you can view them in one place. Orders are arranged in chronological order by default, and there’s plenty of filters and sorting options for easier organization.
Products sourced from AliExpress (and already on your Connected Products list) can be processed with Dropified’s automated fulfillment tool. It fills all the necessary information like customer name, delivery address, and item quantity before placing the order. If you prefer, you can also do this manually.
For products that aren’t sourced from AliExpress, you’ll have to handle fulfillment manually.
Delivery and Tracking
Shipping options will depend on the product’s supplier. Dropified also has a tool that lets you find products that ship by ePacket.
Dropified automatically scans your orders to provide you with updated tracking information. You can view the status of your orders straight from the app, so you don’t have to manually check with the courier. However, this is only available to products from AliExpress.
For products sourced elsewhere, you’ll be responsible for getting each order’s tracking code.
Returns and Refunds
Since Dropified lets you source products from a wide range of third-party marketplaces, returns and refunds may be handled differently for each item. You’ll have to adhere to the policies imposed by each marketplace. It can get very confusing – especially if you sell products that originate from various suppliers.
Because of this, it’s a good idea for you to come up with your own policy that will cover all your products. This will not only make things easier to manage, but your interests (as well as that of your customers) will also be protected.
You have several ways to reach Dropified representatives. You can send them an email or an online ticket via the website. For a more direct approach, you can also use the live chat feature or add them on Slack.
Live chat is officially open from 8AM to 5PM Central time, but in our experience, customer representatives are online around the clock – and are friendly and very knowledgeable.
You can also contact Dropified on their social media accounts if you like.
Dropified is a very comprehensive service and newbies may feel intimidated by the numerous features it offers. Strangely, there is no FAQ section to address this. There are, however, plenty of tutorial videos to guide you through the basics.
These videos show real demonstrations of how Dropified works. They provide step-by-step instructions and explanations for each feature.
For ease of use, Dropified is optimized for web browsing. The app isn’t a direct API. Because of this, software bugs and internet connection problems may cause order processing errors.
It’s a good idea to periodically check on the accuracy of your orders with Dropified’s Order Audit Tool.
Dropified provides some of the most advanced and comprehensive drop shipping solutions for eCommerce business owners. Their app might take some getting used to, but mastering it will save you lots of time and energy later on.
However, Dropified works best with AliExpress – some features work exclusively with this marketplace. You’re also limited to selling on Shopify, WooCommerce, or CommerceHQ. If this isn’t a problem for you, then Dropified might be the perfect drop shipping company for your business.
The bottom line: If you source most of your products from AliExpress and sell them on your Shopify (or WooCommerce and CommerceHQ) store, it doesn’t get any better than Dropified.